PJSC Polyus (LSE, MOEX: PLZL) (“Polyus”, or the “Company”) announces the results of its Annual General Meeting held on 27 May 2021 (“AGM”).
The resolutions made at the AGM included the following:
1. To approve the PJSC Polyus Annual Report and PJSC Polyus annual accounting (financial) statements for 2020
2. Net profit of PJSC Polyus based on the 2020 year results in the amount of 659,958,919 thousand rubles to be distributed as follows:
- To declare dividend payment based on the 2020 results in cash.
- Considering the earlier payout of the interim dividend over 6 months of 2020 in the amount of RUB 240.18 per PJSC Polyus ordinary share, to declare the final dividend payout in the amount of RUB 387.15 per PJSC Polyus ordinary share.
Final dividend payout for the second half of 2020 is equivalent to approximately 5.09 U.S. dollars per ordinary share or 2.55 U.S. dollars per depositary share (with two depositary shares representing interest in one ordinary share).
The total dividend payout for the second half of 2020 will correspond to approximately 693 million U.S. dollars.
Polyus’ current dividend policy suggests the total dividend payout for the full year as 30% of the Company’s EBITDA.
3. To set 07 June 2021 as dividend record date for dividends for 2020.
4. To elect the following persons to the Board of Directors:
- Maria Gordon
- Pavel Grachev
- Edward Dowling
- Said Kerimov
- Sergei Nossoff
- Vladimir Polin
- Kent Potter
- Mikhail Stiskin
- William Champion
Independent Directors account for 4 seats out of 9 on the Board of Directors.
5. To approve FinExpertiza LLC as the auditor of PJSC Polyus accounting (financial) statements under Russian Accounting Standards for 2021.
6. To approve AO Deloitte & Touche CIS as the auditor of PJSC Polyus consolidated financial statements.
Polyus is the largest gold producer in Russia and one of the top five gold miners globally with the lowest cost position. Based on its 2020 Ore Reserves and Mineral Resources, Polyus group ranks the first by attributable gold reserves among the world’s largest gold mining companies.
The Polyus group’s principal operations are located in Krasnoyarsk, Irkutsk and Magadan regions and the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia).
Investor and Media contact
Victor Drozdov, Director Investor Relations
+7 (495) 641 33 77
Forward looking statement
This announcement may contain forward-looking statements concerning Polyus and/or Polyus group. Generally, the words will, may, should, could, would, can, continue, opportunity, believes, expects, intends, anticipates, estimates or similar expressions identify forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements include statements relating to future capital expenditures and business and management strategies and the expansion and growth of Polyus’ and/or Polyus group’s operations. Many of these risks and uncertainties relate to factors that are beyond Polyus’ and/or Polyus group’s ability to control or estimate precisely and therefore undue reliance should not be placed on such statements which speak only as at the date of this announcement. Polyus and/or any Polyus group company assumes no obligation in respect of, and does not intend to update, these forward-looking statements, except as required pursuant to applicable law.